Mark and I had lunch (well, breakfast for me) today and he mentioned something about beef stroganoff so I deided to make some tonight for dinner. I found a Rachael Ray recipe on the Food Network website and modified it a little.
Ingredients
- 1.5 pounds beef
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons buffalo sauce
- Sliced mushrooms
- Spices (I used parsley, oregano, onion powder)
Cut beef into bite-size pieces and set aside. Melt butter in pan. Add flour and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beef broth. Thicken a few minutes. Add mustard, sour cream, and buffalo sauce. Thicken a little more. Remove from heat.
Heat olive oil in another pan and add meat with onion powder. Brown meat until mostly cooked.
Add meat, mushrooms, and spices to sauce and heat, stirring occasionally.
Serve over pasta of your choice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment