Friday, January 15, 2010

Root Beer Roast

Well, between work and going out with the hubby, I've been gone for a few days.  We went out to Olive Garden on Wednesday night, which is always delicious.  I very highly suggest the Manicotti Formaggio with Shrimp.  It's soooooo good!

Manicotti Formaggio with Shrimp

Last night, I decided to make something that I found on a friend's blog that she got out of the book "Fix It and Forget It Lightly."  I think the regular recipe calls it Pepsi Pot Roast, but I used root beer because it was either that or Dr. Pepper.  I also made some young red garlic mashed potatoes with the skins.  The hubby didn't really like the root beer gravy that the roast made.  I thought it was pretty good, although it was quite an interesting flavor.  I think that I'm going to use the cola next time.

Ingredients
- 3 lb pot roast
- 2 10.75 cans of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 4 cups soda (as  I said, I used root beer, but the original recipe calls for a cola)

Combine everything but the roast in a bowl.  Put the roast in a crockpot.  Cover with mixture.  Set on high for 4-6 hours.



No comments:

Post a Comment